On this page:
“A University should be a place of light, of liberty, and of learning”
University of Hull
Research Themes Supported
Hull History Centre holds the archival collections of the University of Hull. Such collections can aid research into many areas including:
- Management and administration of a University
- Staff and Student activities and activism
- Educational strategy
- Research trends
- Course design and content
- Campus development and impact on local landscape
- Involvement with the local area
- Ceremonies and honorary graduants
Typical Record Formats
University records commonly include minutes, annual reports, prospectuses, publicity material, administrative files of correspondence and reports, personnel files, student records, congregation programmes, Student Union publications, and student and staff society papers.
The following PDF contains a list of HHC collections that may be useful to researchers interested in the University of Hull.
- Source Guide University of Hull List of collections created by the University of Hull at HHC
Additional supporting material
The following material may also be useful when researching this area:
- Local Studies and historical maps, these can help trace the development of the campus and surrounding area.
- Local newspapers, major news relating to the university is usually reported in local newspapers, as is the holding of graduations in City Hall.