On this page:
This page includes some useful examples of reflections:
“The terms 'critical' and 'reflective' may be combined in the instruction to 'reflect critically' on something. Both terms describe a quality in writing where the reader can see that the writing comes from careful thinking.”
Examples of reflective writing from the web:
- Nursing: Assessing Mrs Drew’s Pain (full essay)
- Four collected examples of reflective writing in nursing (note the tutor comments!)
- Critical incident report (medicine & nursing)
- Education 1: Several extracts on this resource
- Education 2: Teaching practice example (at end of this booklet).
- Business example showing difference between retelling, relating and reflecting.