Finding quality journal articles for health sciences
About this workshop
Struggling to find those quality journal articles that you need for your literature review/dissertation?
This workshop will enable you to learn tips and techniques to enable you to find good quality journal articles using health databases via EBSCOhost.
The workshop will provide an opportunity to develop the essential search techniques that you will need to perform your searches effectively, providing the necessary skills to find quality journal articles.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify key search terms and discover smart ways to search
- Effectively look for quality journal articles using EBSCOhost databases
- Conduct an advanced search using appropriate techniques
- Limit and filter searches accordingly to narrow or broaden results
- Save your searches and save articles into folders (with reference to PRISMA)
- Cross search databases and remove duplicates
- Effective tips for screening through results
Who this workshop is for
Ideal for undergraduate and postgraduate students who need to conduct an advanced literature search. Students from Health Sciences will find this particular useful as it demonstrates searching CINAHL, Medline and PsycInfo. Although searches use an example from nursing, the techniques can applied to midwifery, clinical psychology, physiotherapy, dementia, sport sciences and biomedical sciences.
This workshop is run by an Academic & Library Specialist from the Brynmor Jones Library Skills Team.