Using JISC Online Surveys tool
About this workshop
One way to issue a survey is to use an online survey tool. There are lots of free survey tools available but unless you pay for their full service, the functionality is sometimes limited. The University of Hull currently supports a site licence for the JISC Online Surveys tool to allow staff and students to create their own surveys. This workshop introduces participants to the tool so that you will be able to start creating your own online surveys.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Introduction to the tool
- Core functionality
- Creating a survey - how to create different question types
- Practice - participants will practice creating questions
- Running a survey - participants will launch a live test survey
- Ethics and GDPR - consider the legal and ethical considerations of surveys
- Data analysis - overview of how to export and analyse your data
Who this workshop is for
This workshop is useful for undergraduate and postgraduate students who are looking to create surveys to support their research.
This workshop is run by an Academic & Library Specialist from the Brynmor Jones Library Skills Team.