An introduction to Microsoft Teams
This session is run in Microsoft Teams and offers students an introduction to the program and how to use it. There will also be plenty of opportunity for questions and answers.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Join meetings and classes online via Micorsoft Teams
- Connect your audio/camera, share screens, use subtitles and other use other key meeting features
- Use the different functions of Teams like Teams, channels, chats and more
- Arrange your own meetings and calls via Microsoft Teams
Who is this workshop for
This workshop is for students that are new to Microsoft Teams.
This workshop is run by an Academic & Library Specialist from the Brynmor Jones Library Skills Team.
- Teams basicsLearn how to create and manage teams and channels, chat with your team members using @mentions, turn on language translation, and share files.
- Meetings and chatsLearn how to transition from a chat to a call for deeper collaboration, manage calendar invites, join a meeting directly in Teams, and use background effects.
- Tips and tricksLearn how to set your availability status, stay up to date with the activity feed, and create group chats and coauthor shared files for real-time collaboration.
Help videos from the Microsoft Website
Accessing Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams is available to all University staff and students. You can get started with access to Microsoft Teams and Microsoft 365 by going to the Microsoft 365 Portal at (365.hull.ac.uk).
Teams is automatically installed on all University of Hull managed computers. If you are using a personal PC or mobile device, you can download the Teams desktop app from the Microsoft website.
You can access Teams from your internet browser by visiting the above link. Select Teams from the Microsoft 365 Portal.