Skip to Main Content

Subject LibGuides

PGR Supervisor Guide to Supporting the Mental Health and Wellbeing (MHWB) of Postgraduate Researchers: Practical University support for you and your PGR

Practical support - University Central Support Services for MHWB

Call Student Services on 01482 46 2222

We’re here to help. Please visit Student support | University of Hull to find out how to access the full range of advice, support and guidance offered by Student Support Services at the University of Hull.  In Addition HUSU Advice Centre provides confidential, impartial and independent advice and guidance on a range of different issues that you may face during your studies.

Student Services remains open between 9.00 and 5.00, Monday to Friday. As always, they are here to help and support you and your PGRs. You can call them on 01482 46 2222 If it is now after 5pm and before 9am, and you have a PGR who needs support, there are specialist services, who can be reached to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  Click here to view the 24 hour support services. 


If you or someone else is at immediate risk of harm, call 999.


Click here to view the advice on for the University's Mental Health Student Support Services Webpage



Share this link with your student if they want to make contact with the Student Services Team themselves



Use this link to raise a (welfare) concern about a student (this can be used by supervisors, staff, parents and other students) 

This welfare concern form is for student’s, parent’s, University of Hull staff and others to inform the University of Hull of mental health and wellbeing concerns for any of our student’s. The form is sent to the Mental Health Support Team, who will respond within three working days. If your concern is more urgent, please consider also calling 999 (if an immediate response is needed), or the NHS Mental Health Response Service (01482 301 701) if the concern is related to someone being unable to keep themselves safe. If your concern is not related to any of the options in the drop down list within the form, please go to the ‘Ask a Question’ section in your MyHull Portal, to ensure that your enquiry reaches the correct team.