Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Software for Notetaking
Notetaking is an important skill to develop for academic success. In today's university this is now increasingly undertaken using digital means and the software packages mentioned in this guide can help you get the most out of your lectures and your reading.
Recommended books and eBooks from our collection
Reading and Making Notes by A little book that takes students clearly through the important differences between the 'why' and 'how' of reading at university. It shows how to use reading lists, journals and books effectively, and how to put together coherent, useful notes. With this book, students will make the best possible use of their time spent reading.
Publication Date: 2010-08-15
Mind Map Book by The original and the best book on Mind Maps from their world-renowned inventor. Discover today the amazing power of a technique that will not only change the way you think and learn, but will also change your life. A brand-new, fully revised edition of the famous Mind Map book written by the world-renowned founder of Mind Mapping, Tony Buzan. This book has already sold hundreds of thousands of copies worldwide. Perfect for students, teachers, business professionals, self-employed and anybody who's ever wanted to know a better way to plan and organise their life. The definitive guide to Mind Mapping, now revised an updated for a new generation.
Publication Date: 2010-05-01
Use Your Head by The chances are that we are only using about 1% of the power of our brain. Just imagine the amazing results if we could unlock just a fraction of the power of the remaining 99%. With this definitive, classic operations manual for the brain, you can discover how to revolutionise the way you think and learn, wake up your senses and unleash the hidden power of your mind. With this book, you will learn how to: Improve your problem-solving capabilities. Become more creative in your approach to work and life. Understand, retain and more readily recall information. Improve your memory beyond recognition. Be more open to change and new ideas. Think, learn and react faster and more efficiently.
Publication Date: 2010-09-02
Buzan's Study Skills by The amazing mind mapping, speed reading and memory techniques developed by Tony Buzan, the world’s bestselling author on the brain and learning, will revolutionize your studies and maximize your success in exams – whatever your subject or academic level. Improve your concentration and comprehension to levels you never thought possible nbsp; Memorize information and recall it with ease – even in high pressure situations, like exams nbsp; Take effective, usable and reliable notes while in lectures and when reading nbsp; Read at an amazing speed and remember exactly what you’ve readnbsp; nbsp; Calmly and confidently plan and prepare for exams, tests and assessments nbsp; So, take the stress out of your studies, move your brain up a gear and start getting the results you really want with Buzan’s refreshingly different, effective, powerful and proven approach.
Publication Date: 2007-09-22