This workshop serves as an introduction to NVivo and is ideal for any level of student using NVivo for the first time. This interactive workshop will cover all the core features of NVivo including adding sources, coding data, managing nodes and classifications.
This is a theoretical workshop and due to the time restriction participants will use sample data.
Workshop requirements: It is essential that participants are familiar with qualitative analysis.
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Use SAGE Research Methods to research different approaches to qualitative analysis
- Add data into NVivo (documents, photographs, interview transcripts, videos, audio, etc.)
- Manually code your data (assign pieces of text to a theme or other code/case)
- Assign your data to a classification (e.g. 'interview' 'photograph' 'journal article')
- Use case nodes (assign information about participants to what they say e.g. gender, workplace, nationality etc)
The session is 2 hours long and where room booking allows, the trainer will be available to answer questions for an additional 30 minutes
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is useful for students and researchers of any level who are looking to use NVivo for the first time. NVivo is an excellent tool for any form of qualitative analysis.
This workshop is run by a Skills Team Adviser