To add items to your reading list you will need to have bookmarklet tool installed. This will appear in your toolbar as or may already be there as
See the Getting Started page for instructions on how to do this and how to get permissions for editing your lists.
1. Once in Lexis choose the ‘News’ tab at the top of the page.
2. Search for the required article
3. When you have the article displayed in the search results, click on the symbol at the right side of the screen that looks like a clipboard and a link sign called Share this search.
5. A box will appear and you will need to right click on the word that appears in blue and choose ‘Copy Link Location’.
6. Close the box down and from the search results page and click the from your favourites toolbar
7. Replace the web address with the one you copied earlier.
8. For resource type select Article
9. Insert the newspaper title, e.g. The Guardian, in the publisher field.
10) Either which will add the bookmark straight to your list
OR simply click on and you can add it to the list at a later date
11) You may want to add a student note 'Newspaper article'.
When you have finished any changes to your list please remember to click on
If you have any book order or digitisation requests please also click on
If the item will not bookmark you can create a manual bookmark.
If you don't see the bookmark you've created when you go into your reading list, click on the refresh button from your browser