To add items to your reading list you will need to have bookmarklet tool installed. This will appear in your toolbar as or may already be there as
See the Getting Started page for instructions on how to do this and how to get permissions for editing your lists.
Adding a website or webpage
1. Go to the website
2. Click from your favourites toolbar
3. Make sure resource type is set to Website or Webpage
4. Check and amend the data, you may need to add additional fields and edit the title field.
5. Either which will add the bookmark straight to your list
OR simply click on and you can add it to the list at a later date
If the item will not bookmark you can create a manual bookmark.
If you don't see the bookmark you've created when you go into your reading list, click on the refresh button from your browser
When you have finished any changes to your list please remember to click on
If you have any book order or digitisation requests please also click on
If the webpage starts https:// it will not be possible for the bookmarklet tool to create a bookmark. Therefore you will need to create a manual bookmark or use of the following workarounds:
· Chrome On the address bar, Chrome displays a security shield (when in https:// mode), click on the security shield and select “Load anyway”.
· IE 8 When you press , IE 8 displays the security warning prompt, from the prompt, select “No”.
· IE 9 When you press , in IE9 a popup appears at the bottom of the window saying 'Only secure content is displayed' and a button 'Show all content'. Click 'Show all content' .
· Firefox 24 The browser has a multi-source blocking tool which is supposed to be able to allow you to choose to allow running insecure content on the page, however this doesn't appear to work in all cases.
For further info: